Hillside Haven is seeking a responsible, caring married couple to become the House Parents to 4 adult with developmental disabilities. Hillside Haven is located in Ellensburg, WA (2 hrs east of Seattle and home to Central Washington University).
Our care philosophy emphasizes encouragement and positive reinforcement with respect for each individual.Hillside Haven is built on 6 acres. The house features a master suit for the House Parents and four other bedroom suits for the residents. An open concept kitchen, dinning, living room and a spacious media/theater room for the Residents. A wraparound deck that offers beautiful views, including of Mt. Rainier.
- Federal tax-exempt ( if living on provided relief apartment)
- Work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
- Salary starting at $48,150.00 (based on 4 residents) per couple
- Housing and utilities provided
- High quality Health Insurance
- PTO is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for 40 hrs worked
- Retirement Plan
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with developmentally disable individuals preferred
- Must meet the training requirements necessary for certification as a Washington State Individual Care Provider (IP). Each House Patent will complete 75 hours of paid training to meet the requirements
- The position will be contingent upon this certification and the results of a Washington State background check
- House Parents need to be physically and mentally capable of implementing each Residents’ care plan which include personal hygiene care, behavior support, special diet meal planning and cooking, housework, light yard maintenance, etc
- Must be reliable, flexible, passionate about enriching the lives of those with developmental disabilities.
- House Parents operate on a “2 weeks on 2 weeks off” rotation
- House Parents are responsible for overseeing the residents’ established daily routines while caring for the residents in the home
- Residents attend an off-site support program for 4 hours Mon-Fri, year-round